10 common words that are used in anime and their meanings!
Hey so I recently got into anime and i thought to myself, ‘why not make a post about common words/phrases in anime?’ and so i did here are my top 10 words that commonly appear in anime!
- Umami: This word shows up a lot in animes related to cooking and stuff like Food Wars (shokugeki no souma). What it means is a taste that can be described as savory or meaty.
- Kawaii: Literally meaning cute or adorable.
- Akuma: Satan or devil, usually used figuratively.
- Korosu: to kill, other words for it are korosareta (Past tense) and korose (a threat or an order like)
- Neko: A cat (not necessarily a real one in anime)
- Arigato: Although a basic Japanese word some might not what it means, and if you are one of them it means thanks (do yourself a favour and watch anime, you’re welcome soon you’ll be trapped with me)
- Mahou: magic, magic spell
- Daijoubu: O.K. most used when in anime a character asks another about his health.
- nani: What
- And the inevitable number 10, Hentai: A perverse/lewd person (but that’s only the meaning of the word if you know what i mean;)
Hope you enjoyed, remember to comment and share!
( Collage Thumbnail from Dinocojv DeviantArt)